How to get traffic to your website is a question most ecommerce and online store business owners ask. Opening an online store can be tedious and may turn your efforts futile if you have no visitors. A number of people fall prey to false promises made by fraudulent sites to increase traffic immediately. Note that increasing traffic is a gradual process and needs some time and patience. Here are a few easy ways to drive traffic to your store and increase sales subsequently.
How to get traffic to your website (Online E-Commerce Store)
- We are all familiar with referral strategies used by a number of companies to get the attention of new customers. You can offer a discount to your customers on their next purchase as an incentive for referring the site to their friends and relatives. Alternatively, you can also offer a freebie to your customer every time a customer referred by them makes a purchase.
- Remember to simplify the process by including the ‘Refer site’ li traffic to website nk on your page. Further, include a system providing access to various social networks, thus making the referral process easier for your customers.
Videos and tutorials
- If you are offering products that are complicated to use, you can make things easier by posting demonstration videos on your site for customers. With videos, you can break down the complex process into a simple step-by-step guide to using your products.
- If you are offering products such as cosmetics, make it interesting for your customers by including videos and tutorials like “Top lipsticks for winter” on your site. Make sure that the videos are short and links to purchase the products are mentioned in the description below the video to enable a swift purchase. This is yet another effective way to generate website traffic.
- The PageRank of a site is determined greatly by the number of external links redirecting people to your site. Get in touch with bloggers belonging to the same niche as yours and ask them to include links on their site in return for a recommendation on a social network or a special discount. You can also inspect the backlink profile of your competitors’ websites and see the kind of sites they are using for generating backlinks.
You can get access to a new audience by asking your friends to publish your blogs on their site. In return, they will be getting free content and also SEO credit, which makes the offer difficult to refuse.
- A great way to increase the customer base for your store is to leverage from e-mail marketing. Include an e-mail sign up link on your site to enable easy subscription to your newsletters. You can also lure customers to sign up for the site by providing free e-books related to your product.
- There are a number of marketing tools such as Aweber and MailChimp that you can choose from for e-mail and contact management. Use e-mails to provide interesting content for sales promotion and latest updates to your customers.
Instagram and Pinterest
- Reach out to Instagram influencers by using tools like WEBSTA, a site that displays the most popular hashtags and users. If you have a cosmetic store, there are number of beauty professionals on Instagram you can choose from to promote your product. Look into their profile and see if they have included their contact information for business enquiries. Send an enquiry e-mail to them and also ask if you can send them a free sample of your product.
- Leverage Pinterest by posting tutorials on quality images having decent aspect ratios. This is particularly helpful if your store offers arts and craft supplies. Again, don’t forget to include links to your website in the description below the image.
Search Engine Optimization
- Start a blog and publish quality content on your site to achieve SEO optimization. Use the Google AdWords tool to see what keywords your customers are using while searching for the product. Tools like Long Tail Pro can help you measure the search demand for relevant keywords used by customers and also provide an assessment of your competition.
- Use powerful keywords and keep your blog updated by publishing rich content regularly. Be specific when it comes to explaining your products and ensure that the product titles are not too long.
Apart from the above, you can use comparison shopping engines and online forums to increase traffic to your online store.“How to get traffic to your website. In case you have any proven cost-effective methods to get free traffic to your online e-commerce store, please feel free to share the same via the comments below
Digital Watchers – Your daily dose of digital
Digital Watchers covers everything digital from SEO and SEM tips and tricks, Affiliate Marketing, tools, analytics and all other things digital.