Monetization of blogs and websites has been a sought-after way to generate revenue for a lot of bloggers now. Although Google AdSense is the most preferred of all, there are alternatives you can pick from. Infolinks is one of them. We’ve done a detailed infolinks review to help you understand how this ad progam works and whether or not it is a good alternative to google adsense program for blog monetization
What is Infolinks?
If you are a seasoned user of monetization techniques for your websites, there are chances you would know that Infolinks, like Google AdSense, is an ad monetization program providing a global advertising and revenue generating solution to all the advertisers as well as the publishers.
Infolinks review – How does it work?
Infolinks works on intent based advertising – it puts up advertisements with the help of a unique algorithm that scans the content on your blog or website to deliver the ads. It makes use of the Infolinks In3 (Infolinks Intent Intelligence) to analyse the content. Infolinks supports websites with content in English and Spanish for now.
Infolinks offers ad units for the publisher to choose from:
Infolinks is best known for these ads which show up when the reader’s mouse pointer hovers over the text of the content. The text with the ad unit is underlined (you get to choose the colour and underline style) and when the user points at it, the ad gets displayed. The user interest is determined by the words of the content and relevant ads are determined by the keywords of your site. This ensures that the right words are highlighted with the ad reaching the right target audience.
InTag ads are displayed on the lines of keywords that are blended with the appearance of your website and are also shown when the user hovers above the highlighted text.
These ads are displayed above the fold, shown on the basis of what the users are searching for. They stay on the screen even when the page is scrolled down, but can be easily closed if the user is not interested. This eliminates any need of space for posting the ads on your website.
The most optimal option offered, these ads use the margin spaces of your website and are tailored for each user using an exclusive auto screen size detecting algorithm. InFrame ads are favoured for their high visibility, user relevance as well as usage of otherwise wasted space on the site.
When a user transitions from one page to another, or is on the exit or entrance pages of your website, these ads serve as interstitials – high on relevance as well as visibility.
Why choose Infolinks?
- Infolinks works with over 1,00,000 websites operating in 128 countries.
- Apart from the ad products it offers, it also has a referral program that can help you earn revenue by spreading the word and getting more publishers to use Infolinks.
- The setup process is easy and swift, and registration is free for life. Approval rate of websites is higher. You can customize the ads to blend with your site layout and you have the charge of where and how the ads are put up on your website.
- Their real time algorithm works against the ‘banner blindness’ syndrome – showing relevant ads, to a specifically targeted audience by analysing his interests at the time of surfing.
- It works with other ad platforms seamlessly, especially with Google AdSense. In fact, Infolinks combined with AdSense work perfectly together for your website. While Google AdSense ads are the banner ads, which are around your content, Infolinks ads are placed in your content. Infolinks and AdSense work in harmony for your website, so to speak!
- Each advertiser on Infolinks has his own price per view.
- Infolinks CPM is higher on traffic generation from the U.S. and U.K.
- Infolinks uses PayPal, Bank Wire, eCheck, ACH (only for U.S. bank accounts) or Payoneer to check out the payment.
- The minimum threshold after which your payment is released is $100 for Bank Wires and $50 otherwise.
- Payment is made to you within 45 days from the end of the month your earnings exceed the minimum payment threshold.
- If your earnings are less than the threshold, they can be carried forward to the next month.
We hope this in-depth Infolinks review will assist you in working on your blog monetization plan