Interested in email marketing but not sure how to use autoresponder email feature to drive traffic and make money. When a user subscribes to your mailing list, you connect to him sending a series of emails and broadcasts. While the blog broadcast feature can be used to send broadcasts and newsletters which are an extremely personal and effective way to reach out to subscribers from time to time, learning how to use autoresponder email feature could be another way to regularly reach in your subscribers’ inbox. It is a service that will send pre-written emails to your subscribers over a period time, determined by you. Auto responder features in the most important feature of any email provider system. AWeber and MailChimp (paid version) both are popular email services which provide this feature.
Put the auto responder to use for the following to keep driving traffic to your website, and revenue subsequently.
How to use autoresponder email marketing to Drive Traffic ?
- New Subscriber: For every subscriber that signs up, give them a warm welcome like no other. Auto responder can help you set up mails for new subscribers that will introduce your website and give them a quick virtual tour.
- Older Posts: There are some posts that date way old, but are interesting in their content, eternal in their nature and your best pieces. No subscriber will know about them when they newly sign up. This is where you can use auto responder to break the ice with some of your evergreen content by mailing it to them from the archives.
- Products: Build promotional campaigns, with both special offers as well as subscriber discounts and let everyone on the mailing list know about it regularly. For new subscribers, set up the auto responder to send them a mail giving them a welcome discount. Add them to your list of regular subscribers and send them those offers too. It will drive sales and get more traffic to your website. If you had any previous promotional campaign that was a sounding success, leverage it for the new products and relevant offers and send it regularly to your subscribers in the present. What worked then, will definitely work now!
- Affiliations: Add affiliate products or services that you would want your subscribers to benefit from, to your auto responder emails, and see how helping your subscribers will eventually help you!
- When a user converts into a buyer, ending the query in a sale, the best action to take is to show them related products in order for them to become your patrons. Use auto responder to send out information about additional products that they could buy. Follow up after sales is a must – even in conventional selling. User experience and ratings can also be asked using auto responders.
- If you’re doing offline business, you need auto responder all the more to let the web and the world know what you’re offering. Make a striking portfolio of your products and services, regularly update it and send them to your subscribers on auto responder frequently. You want to be there with your offer, on top-of-the-mind recall of your subscribers, when they make the purchase decision.
- The most productive use of the auto responder would be sending surveys to the subscribers. Questions can be asked for feedback on an on-going campaign, or blog post. You can also invite topic suggestions for your blogs. Subscriber experience can be gauged with a few multiple choice questions. A few of the many advantages of this would be you know exactly what your subscribers want and don’t. You can work on improving user experience once you know what it is. You can provide them with what they ask for and avoid making mistakes.
- Set up the auto responder to deliver a free course over a period of scheduled emails. Give away a free e-book for a new subscriber sign up. Give valuable information in blocks, over a period of time with regular emails to your subscribers. Give them a free training when they buy your products – how-to tutorials, demonstrations and perks. Give away tips to use your products the best way possible.
There are a million possibilities to give out to your subscribers, value adding information, products and services which will in turn get you the due traffic and revenue using auto responder. All you need is dynamism and creativity to get it working the best way.
Digital Watchers – Your daily dose of digital
Digital Watchers covers everything digital from SEO and SEM tips and tricks, Affiliate Marketing, tools, analytics and all other things digital.